#13.Qualitative - sporedata/researchdesigneR Wiki
Categories for qualitative research
13.Qualitative01.Cognitive task analysis
13.Qualitative03.Mixed methods design
13.Qualitative04.Shared decision making
13.Qualitative07.Coincidence analysis (CNA)
1. Use cases: In which situations should I use this method?
This method can be used when non-quantitative data are to be analyzed, i.e., When you already know (or at least you think you know) which concepts you want to measure. Examples include interviews, focus groups, investigating opinion, or the analysis of patterns in a text. A qualitative design allows researchers to learn about new constructs.
2. Input: What kind of data does the method require?
Qualitative data, including interviews that are turned into written transcripts (free text), ethnographic notes (notes about is observed about patients, clinicians, the environment, etc)
3. Algorithm: How does the method work?
Describing in images
Data science packages
- Interactive Annotation of Text and Images - Can be used for visual qualitative research.
4. Output: How do I interpret this method's results?
- Natural Language Processing (NLP).
- As the first step in most quantitative studies.