Home - AtlasOfLivingAustralia/ala-dataquality Wiki
Atlas of Living Australia - Data Quality Portal
Welcome to the Atlas of Living Australia Data quality checks and issues pages.
- The Data Quality Checks Spreadsheet is a summary of the data quality checks implemented and planned for the Atlas of Living Australia.
- Please post your comments of a broader nature, along with any suggestion for content inclusion to the general comments page.
Links to key ALA data quality documents and resources on the internet are provided below.
Key ALA Data Quality Documents
- Data Quality Checks Spreadsheet
- Completeness model (previously named 'quality model')
- Darwin Core Key Spatial Concepts
- Notes on Methods for Detecting Spatial Outliers in Biodiversity Occurrence Data
- Notes on Reverse Jackknife spatial outlier detection method
- What to do when spatial uncertainty is not provided
- ALA continues to focus on data quality
- ALA Guide to Data Quality
- Preliminary ALA Notes on Duplicate Occurrence Data
Key Data Quality References and Tools
- Darwin Core: Quick Reference Guide
- Tann,J & P. Flemons 2008. ALA Review of Online and Desktop Tools.
- Chapman, A. D. 2005. Principles of Data Quality
- Chapman, A.D. 2005. Principles and Methods of Data Cleaning – Primary Species and Species-Occurrence Data
- Chapman, A. D. 2005. Uses of Primary Species-Occurrence Data
- Diva GIS
- Georeferencing Calculator: Online Tool
- Georeferencing Calculator: Online manual
- Georeferencing Calculator: MaNIS/HerpNet/ORNIS Georeferencing Guidelines
- Georeferencing Calculator: Georef-calculator on google code. See Wiki for User Manual
- BioGeomancer WorkBench
- Biogeomancer-core - Google code
- speciesLink Data Cleaning
- speciesLink spOutlier
- GBIF Spain - Biodiversity Data Quality Hub
- Maps and the GDA: Geocentric Datum of Australia: Info Sheet