Contributing - saint-lascivious/munin-pihole-plugins Wiki
Contributing to munin-pihole-plugins
Hi there! We're thrilled that you'd like to contribute to this project. Your help is essential for keeping it great, and making it better.
Please note that this project is released with a Contributor Code of Conduct, and that by participating in this project you agree to abide by its terms.
Issues and PRs
If you have suggestions for how this project could be improved, or want to report a bug, open an issue on the Issues Tracker! We'd love all and any contributions. If you have questions, too, we'd love to hear them.
We'd also love Pull Requests, check out the links below if you're not sure how to open a PR. If you're thinking of a large PR, we advise opening up an issue first to talk about it, though!
For disclosures pertaining to the security of
munin-pihole-plugins please refer to the Security Policy.
Submitting a PR
- If you haven't already done so, set up Git.
- Fork the munin-pihole-plugins repository.
- Create a new branch:
git checkout -b descriptive-branch-name.
- Make your change.
- Push to your fork and submit a pull request.
- Await review of your pull request.
Here are a few things you could do that may increase the likelihood of your pull request being accepted:
- Try to follow any existing styling conventions.
- Keep your changes as focused as possible. If there are multiple changes you would like to make that are not dependent upon each other, consider submitting them as separate pull requests.
- Create or be open to creating any associated documentation.
- Be prepared to defend the reasoning behind your changes and/or approach.
Work in Progress pull requests are also welcome to get feedback early on, or if there is something blocked you.