Reporting Bugs & Requesting Features - powerhome/playbook Wiki
For All Non-Power Employees: Please report an issue through our github issues.
Discuss your issue in the Playbook Channel in Connect.
Ask yourself these questions first:
If your issue is a bug:
Use the Playbook Bug Report to gather the required information.
Confirm your findings in the Playbook Channel in Connect.
Work with UX Engineers as they troubleshoot. This may include:
- Highlighting things you've already tried.
- Pairing over a zoom call.
- Collaborating outside of the Playbook channel.
- Collaborating on a Runway Ticket
- A UXE will open a story on the backlog and add you, the nitro dev, as a reviewer.
- A UXE will also add the UX Designer on your scrum team as a reviewer.
- A UXE will copy your Playbook Bug Report and paste it directly into the Runway Story where it can be tracked by stakeholders.
If your issue is a feature request:
A UX Designer should be your first point of contact. Reach out to the designer on your team. Your UX Designer will bring the request back to the Playbook Team for discussion. The whole UX team works extremely hard to make sure that what goes into Playbook, belongs in Playbook. The Playbook Team will determine if more action is needed and will follow-up with your request.
If the teams confirms that their intended UX design warrants a new feature inside of Playbook's system, we will make a feature story.
Adding to the Playbook Backlog in Runway
- A UX Designer & UX Engineer will open a story on the backlog and add you, the nitro dev, as a reviewer.
- A UX Designer will assign a UX Engineer the work and add themselves as a reviewer
- If needed, an investigative story for a UX Engineer will be made first!