TD Amertrade Brokerage Setup - pattertj/LoopTrader Wiki
One-Time TD Ameritrade Setup
Using TD Ameritrade with LoopTrader requires a few steps outside of LoopTrader to get going:
- Have a TD Ameritrade brokerage account
- Setup a TD Ameritrade Developer account
After these three steps are completed, your TD Ameriprise account should be ready for LoopTrader.
Connecting to TD Ameritrade from LoopTrader leverages the td-ameritrade-python-api project. You will need to complete two steps for this package:
The required configuration parameters should be set up in LoopTrader's config.yaml.
# TD Ameritrade Broker Variables tdabroker: individual: clientid: "" account: "" url: "" credentials: "" ira: clientid: "" account: "" url: "" credentials: ""
This file should be renamed to "config.yaml" and updated with the values for your account.
- "individual"/"ira" in the sample file can be renamed to whatever you would like to call your brokerage account setups. It should match the id you specify in main.py for your brokerage components.
- clientid is a 32 character code from your TD Ameritrade Developer Account
- account is your account number to trade against
- url is the redirect specified during the setup of your TD Ameritrade Developer Account
- credentials is a file path that will house the credentials like your refresh token and access token.