Documentation - maar35/film-festival-planner Wiki
The Film Festival Planner project consists of two GitHub projects: the Loader and the Planner.
The Loader is written in Python, with, for some festivals, the help of Bash scripts.
- Read festival websites
- Return files in the format understood by the Planner
- Provide unique and unchanging identifiers
- Provide functionality as described here
Manual actions in the loader
The loader can't load all information. Find here what needs to be done manually.
The Planner was entirely written in C#, but is being migrated to Django.
- Visually display the screenings
- Provide information on films
- Allow all registered film fans to rate the films
- Automatically plan screenings based on the ratings given by the film fans
- Alert the user on problems
- Protect the user from quitting the app with unsaved changes
- Allow the user to discover functionality by browsing the menus