G11 to G13 conversion - harman-f/MHI2_MIB2_AIO_FW_Update_Template GitHub Wiki
⚠️ Requirements ⚠️
Read this article in FULL! BEFORE you start a conversion!
- Also read general AIO installation instructions: https://github.com/harman-f/MHI2_MIB2_AIO_FW_Update_Template/wiki/AIO-installation
- You will need a 9.2'' display to run G13 FW. Smaller screens are NOT working
- VW drivers, please note, that a Dynaudio external amp without INDEX will not work after conversion!
- Always get yourself a fresh SD cards - see below for specs
- Keep backup and logs after update - always good to have them - just in case!
Update to latest G11 FW 1st!
The conversion from G11 to G13 has to start certain G11 FW version:
- VW: Any
- Skoda: All
If you start from older version, there is a high risk, that IOC update will fail and your screen and button inputs will not work.
G11 to G13 All-In-One features
In addition to the general AIO features
- Part number will be adjusted to fit G13 unit
- Long coding byte 17 will be adjusted to Skin 1
Adjustment required for G11 to G13 conversion
Although, the AIO already comes mostly pre configured, some part still need user interaction:
metainfo2.txt - enable G11 -> G13 conversion
During the FW update the AIO will in addition check for G11 FW installed on unit.
A few changes to the metainfo2.txt have to be made:
- remove # before
SupportedTrains = "SupportedTrains = "MHI2_ER_VWG11_K3342"
- add # before
SupportedTrains = "MHI2_ER_VWG13*
The unit will reboot after the IOC update is finished.
After the x reboot the old 8'' screen will stop working.
While the FW update continues you can switch the screen to the new 9.2'' to be able to see the screen output for the last section of the FW update.
After the reboot the G13 screen is required for a working screen output - on G11 the screen will just stay black.
VW G11 to G13 - error DUV101
"OPTIONAL" - does not pop up all the time!
After switching to G13 screen you will - most likely - see this "error" on screen:
NO reason to panic! Just press SKIP to let the FW update continue!
You have to install latest maps, as they were deleted during the conversion process.