How We Run Team Meetings - hackforla/VRMS Wiki
Facilitator Responsible for running the agenda and leading the meeting.
- Any team member can be a facilitator
- Makes sure the conversation moves along
- Makes sure all team members get a chance to speak/are heard
- ie: "Hey Jay, I noticed you unmuted, is there something you would like to share?" // "Is there anything, anyone would like to add?"
- Make sure there are action items at the end of every meeting
- Check in with note taker that all important information is recorded
- Make sure issues are created and assigned to team members
- Catalog the conversation by simultaneously commenting on issues while discussing them in the meeting
Time Keeper Keeps track of time for agenda items.
- Has to be good at allocating extra time for items that go over time
- Can be good at strictrly interrupting the conversation or meeting when time is up
Note taker Takes notes, updates the agenda wiki article
- Is a good listener
- Can type/write/keep track of meeting items
- Record everything that is being shared in the meeting
- Makes sure the agenda notes are accurate and the notes make sense.
- Facilitator goes through the project board and discusses in progress column and makes sure everybody has something to do and is assigned to an issue
## Before the meeting - [ ] Team members should update their issues ## Who was there? - ## Things we plan to discuss - [ ] ## What we actually discussed - ## Additional notes - ## Upcoming Milestones ## Action Items - [ ]