How To Flash the Code to a Processor - dlktdr/BTWifiModule Wiki
Welcome to the BTWifiModule wiki! Below is how to flash the code
How to Flash
Download the firmware
Choose the Commit to Test - Can pick most recent if unsure - Make sure there is a Green Check box meaning it compiled successfully or there will be no artifacts to download
Choose to Download the Artifacts - This is the binaries for all supported boards
Flashing Method 1 - Use ESPHome-Flasher
You can download it here https://github.com/esphome/esphome-flasher/releases grab the most recent release.
Pretty straight forward in this app, pick your port. Select the firmware.bin file and click go.
Flashing Method 2 - ESP Flash Tool
Download ESP Flash Tool https://www.espressif.com/sites/default/files/tools/flash_download_tool_3.9.2.zip
Open in develop mode, Choose the Correct ChipType here
- Pico and Wroom Boards - Choose ESP32
- C3Mini Boards - Choose ESP32C3
Setup like the following photo,
- Pick the correct subfolder from Artifacts .zip file for your board. Shown here with the C3Mini
- Change the COM port to the correct one for your board.
- If you get programming errors try a lower baud rate e.g. 460800
- If it won't start try holding the boot button. Press the EN/Reset button once. Then release the boot and try again. This should put it into bootloader mode
You can open the COM port in a terminal of your choice you should see some debugging output.
Port settings are,
- Baud 115200
- DataBits 8
- Parity None
- StopBits 1
- FlowControl None