LCR WiFi Guide - directedmachines/customer-support Wiki
- The LCR broadcasts a WiFi signal, allowing you to connect to WiFi-enabled electronic devices (e.g., smartphone). Once connected, the LCR user interface is available through your device's web browser.
- The LCR has an LTE (cellular) modem, connecting it to the internet when a signal is available. The LCR uploads its latest sensor data (e.g., position, motion, energy use) and synchronizes data with our cloud service so that its software can be automatically updated, as new versions become available.
Method 1: Use Pixel Phone
The LCR comes with a Pixel XL phone that has been paired with the robot. Short cuts to the User Interface are in the home screen. No special steps are required to start using your LCR right away with the Pixel phone acting as the controller
Method 2: Use any WiFi capable device
If you plan to use your phone, please check with Directed Machines first. Variation in WiFi performance, screen size, operating system versions will result in user experience issues.
Connect to WiFi
There are two ways to connect to WiFi:
1. Use QR Codes and Your Phone's Camera
You received a credentials document by email. Print this document and scan the QR Code in it to connect your phone to your LCR. Keep the QR Code in a safe location, away from the LCR, so others do not gain access.
Scan the WiFi QR image using your phone's photo app (Apple phones) or a QR Scanner app (Android).
Once connected, you can use the LCR user interface in your phone's web browser to control the LCR.
2. Connect Manually
Alternatively, you can manually connect your phone to the LCR's WiFi. Go to your phone's WiFi settings, select the LCR's WiFi SSID and enter the WiFi password.
User Interface / Web Browser
There are two ways to launch the LCR user interface:
1. QR Code Scan
- Scan this image into your your phone's photo app (Apple phones) or a QR Scanner app (Android):
- Accept the prompt to to open a web browser (Safari on Apple devices, Chrome on Android).
2. Type It In
Alternatively, open your phone's web browser and type edge.directedmachines.com:8000 in the address bar.
No Internet Connectivity
If the robot is not connected to the internet, please use the following address to your web browser, to get to the robot dashboard:
You will see black page but the Gamepad (Manual Control) icon will be at the bottom of your screen. Touch that to go to manual control.
Android phones will sometimes display the robot modem (Huawei) page, requesting to "connect to network". Ignore the prompt, instead select "Connect Anyway" on the "..." menu that is on the right side of the prompt.