Feature List - dech0n/hobby-hub Wiki
Hobby Hub is a website where users can discover their next hobby, add resources to their hobbies, engage in light discussion, and share their hobby experiences.
- Status (hobby status: done, in progress, or want to do)
- BONUS: create user-defined statuses (e.g. rusty)
- BONUS: rating system (1-5 star rating from an individual, maybe attached to their experience)
- BONUS: search
- BONUS: tags (categories?, e.g. art, music, outdoor, active, cooking, ...)
- BONUS: Recommendations (based on...)
1. New account creation, log in, log out, and guest/demo login
- Users can sign up, log in, and log out.
- Users can use a demo log in to try the site.
- Users can't use certain features without logging in (like sharing experiences and adding hobbies to their wheelhouse).
- Logged in users are directed to their profile page which displays their hobbies.
- Logged out users are directed to a splash page.
2. Hosting on Heroku
- Logged in users can add hobbies to their Wheelhouse from a dropdown of pre-seeded hobbies.
- Logged in users can edit and delete their own hobbies instances, experiences, and resources.
- Logged in users can include external resources for mastering a given hobby.
- All users can view all the available hobbies and their associated experiences.
- Logged in users can add hobbies to their wheelhouse via status dropdown. --dropdown contains: want to learn, currently learning, accomplished
- Contain all of a user's hobbies that that are instances of the pre-seeded hobbies on the website.
- Logged in users can share their experiences with a given hobby.
- Logged in users can edit and remove their own comments and experiences.
- All users can view experiences on any hobby.
- BONUS: Logged in users can comment on experiences.
- Logged in users can indicate their level of mastery based on three statuses: want to learn, currently learning, and accomplished.