Pull Request Format - ahanabhattchrya/eSlay Wiki
Pull requests aim to communicate your feature branch changes, and ask other teammates to review your code before it goes onto master.
- Ensure you have completed merging and pushing any possible conflict changes locally.
- Visit the Pull requests tab on github
- Press the green "New pull request" button
- Ensure that you are merging into the right branch. Normally this should look like
main <- feature_branch
- Give a descriptive name to the PR
- Describe the changes made, and a brief test plan.
- Test plans may look like "Log in as a Parent, visit the settings page, and toggle the edit button in the top right corner" for a feature that works on toggling the edit button.
- Place 1 or 2 reviewers on the branch. Ping on slack to ensure they can review.
- Once a PR has been reviewed, fix and changes and ask for a rereview. If the PR was approved, press the big green button to merge.