Internal Wiki - KreakTech/wiki GitHub Wiki
Setting Up Development Environment
This guide will help you setup the development environment for both the app and the backend:
- VSCode (1)
- Docker Desktop
Setup Steps (2)
- Clone the repository using
git clone https://github.com/KreakTech/backend
- Install Docker Desktop, as highlighted in prerequisites.
- Locate the
.env.examplefile in the main directory, duplicate it, and rename it to
.env, edit any information you wish.
cmdor in any terminal this may take a while on the first go as all the dependancies are being downloaded.
- You can verify the instances are now up by typing
- You're now all setup!
- How to exit the instance (turn off the backend)? CTRL+C (Win) or CMD+C (Mac).
- How to enable hot-restart? It is already enabled with the dev environment, just save your changes and the server will auto restart.
- How to push to production? You don't need to do anything special. We have setup an auto-deploy script, which builds the prod docker image, pushes it to dockerhub, and brings the prod-server upto date. This script is triggered when a PR is merged into master.