ED2 - Gdiv-exploration/Repo_LR_6 GitHub Wiki
2.1 Use-Case diagram:
|Function 1||Function 2||Function 3|
|Move||Detection of waste||Detect obstacles|
|Maneuver||Collecting waste||Dodge obstacles|
2.2 Black Box Representation:
|DATA: Command/Order||DATA: Tracking system|
|ENERGY: Battery/Current energy||ENERGY: Movement/Sound|
2.3 Glass Box Representation:
2.4 Morphological Chart:
|Function||Mean 1||Mean 2||Mean 3||mean 4|
|1.SENSOR||IR Sensor||ultrasonic sensor||------||------|
2.5 Solutions for Defined Problem Definitions:
Concept 1 -
- The machine is used to collect waste and it will be dumped in the waste box.
- Through the radio waves transmission, the robot is autonomously controlled.
- It has sensors that can detect the waste and the weeds.
Concept 2 -
- Waste detector detects the waste and opens the collector wall then collects the waste.
- Mesh removes extra water from the collector.
- When the collector was filled then the sensor gives information to the user.
Concept 3 -
- Detects obstacles.
- Moves over the waste to collect.
- Is highly mobile.
Concept 4 -
- The robotic arm of the machine collects the waste and dumps it in the collector.
- The cost of the robot is not too expensive.
2.6 Concept Selection
2.6.1 Weight-age of each of the Objectives
2.6.2 PUG Chart:
|Objectives||Design Idea 1||Design Idea 2||Design Idea 3||design Idea 4|
The best concept is : Concept 3
|Effectiveness||-||Its not effective than the datum because the cutter and collector are small|
|Assembly||+||It is easy to assemble than the datum because of less moving parts|
|Cost||+||It is cheaper than the datum because it is less expensive to assemble|
|Portability||+||It is very small compared to the datum|
|Safety||+||It appears to be safer than the datum because the size of the cutter is small|
|Effectiveness||-||It is not as effective as the datum|
|Assembly||+||It is easy to assemble than the datum as it has less moving parts|
|Cost||-||The machine cost is less because no usage of standard parts|
|Portability||+||The machine is small compared to the datum|
|Safety||+||The machine does not harm the aquatic animals|
|Effectiveness||-||Since the robotic arm for collecting waste is not that effective|
|Assembly||-||It is not easy to assemble because it has many moving parts|
|Cost||-||It is more expensive than the datum|
|Portability||+||It is more portable than the datum|
|Safety||+||It is more safe than the datum|