User Stories - DylanPeate/AlphaHood Wiki
- As an unregistered and unauthorized user, I want to be able to sign up for the website via a signup form.
- I should be able to enter my email, birthdate, username, and preferred password in the signup form.
- After signing up, I would like to be automatically logged into my newly created account and be redirected to my dashboard.
- If I enter invalid data:
- I should see a clear error message telling me what I entered incorrectly.
- As a registered and unauthorized user:
- I would like to be able to log in to the site via a login form so that I can have authorized user privileges.
- I would like to be able to enter my registered email(or username) and password on a clearly laid out form.
- If I enter invalid data, I should see a clear error message telling me that my input values are invalid.
- If I don't have a registered account, there should be a clear and visible button where I should be able to follow the "Signup" steps.
- As an unregistered and unauthorized user:
- There should be an easy-to-find and clear button on both the "Signup" and "Login" pages
- These will allow me to visit the site as a guest without having to sign up or log in to test out the site's features and functionalities.
- As a logged-in user:
- I want to log out via an easy-to-find "Logout" button under my profile drop-down.
- After being logged out, I should be redirected to the splash page of the site.
- As a logged-in user:
- When I'm on my dashboard, I should be able to clearly see my portfolio of stocks, along with a graph showing me the performance of my portfolio via selectable time frames.
- As a logged-in user, when I visit a stock's detail page I should be able to see all the information pertaining to the stock such as:
- Current price
- High today
- Low today
- Information about the company
- And more key statistics
- I should also see the option to buy shares of the stock, or sell shares if I own any, and have the option to add a stock to one of my watch lists.
- As a logged-in user, I should be able to create new lists, and view the current lists I have. Within these lists I should be able to rename them and remove certain stocks from them.
- As a logged-in user, I should be able to search for any stock via:
- The stocks ticker
- Or the name of the company
- Once I click on one of the search results, I should be brought to the corresponding stocks detail page.