Log - CShingiro/Team6Project Wiki
May 21st, 2021
- In our first week’s session, we established the group members and talked a bit about our respective backgrounds.
May 28th, 2021
- In class for our second week’s session, we started our GitHub project management efforts, talked about ideas for what we want to create. Christian did the administration of the GitHub and Navtej helped Christopher get connected to it. First ideas included a web site that was a misdirection for the user, looking like a boring sign-up sheet and being a game or funhouse of wacky interface behaviors.
May 29th, 2021
- We met on video chat to discuss new ideas. All were present from 8:00 am until 9:30 am. We developed a brand new, more complex concept that incorporated more member's ambitions. We made a massive amount of progress toward finalizing the concept and starting the user flow. We agreed that we all want to have the ability to learn and contribute to all aspects of creating the finished pages. We will all have the opportunity to program scripts, build pages and style them. Christian started adding task cards to the project manager. Christopher started the project wiki including the log.
June 4th, 2021
- We discussed during class our plan and began to assign new roles to the group members. We made note of all deadlines and gave a structure to the project. We updated the wiki to now include the plan and all relevant due dates.
June 5th, 2021
- We were ahead of schedule, so the group members present, Christopher, Eric, and Christian decided to brainstorm on key ideas of the interactive features of the site. A general consensus was reached by all members present on a black background with white text and fade-in features of the storyboard in between the active games. As a side note, a preliminary design of the alien was introduced by Christian.Eric requested a copy of the gantt chart for his records. We met from 8 am until 9 am.
June 11th, 2021
- In class, we heard Eric describe new parameters for the project we hadn't anticipated. We were all shocked to learn that the topic and direction of the web site project was being dictated by the instructor as part of a prior-existing course. We immediately started preparing to scrap existing plans. Chris proposed that we should at least ask Eric to consider our Adventure in Galaxy 6 website. We put the idea to him and he said he'd get back to us.
June 18th, 2021
- In class, we asked the client important questions about what was expected for the website. After Christopher and Christian documented questions and answers from all six groups, we then had the necessary notes to complete our requirements analysis.
June 19th, 2021
- In the regularly scheduled team meetings, Christopher and Christian outlined what was necessary to complete the requirements analysis. The final copy of the requirements analysis report was completed by Christopher and Christian was a co-author for the User Design Analysis. Christopher, Christian, and Eric were present for the meeting. Navtej was absent. We met from 9am-10:30am.
June 25th, 2021
- In class, we completed a rough version of the wire-frames and outlined our plan to complete the trial home page and trial logo. Christopher presented his version of the logo earlier in the week, on Wednesday.
June 26th, 2021
- Meeting started at 8:00am
Navtej and Christian presented their respective trial logos at the start of the meeting. Eric and Christopher arrived later to the meeting, at 8:45am. Christopher had presented a trial logo on Wednesday, and Eric completed and presented a trial version of the logo later on in the meeting, at 9:15am. A new sample wireframe was completed by Navtej. Mutual agreement was reached on an emergency meeting brought forward by Navtej to ensure that the design was completed at the end of the weekend. Emergency meeting will be held on Sunday, June 27th, at 8:00am.
June 27th, 2021
- Everyone showed up at 8 am to discuss the existing web designs, which were now half complete. Talked about menu and the interface, and agreed on Navtej’s plan of having buttons reveal each menu section. Navtej and Christopher stayed a few hours to finish the desktop and mobile versions.
July 8th, 2021
- Emergency Meeting called by Navtej at 12:30pm
We needed to complete the final touches on the mobile prototype and the Web prototype. That was done by Navtej and Christopher. A brief description of each deliverable was completed by Christian. Meeting was brief: 30 minutes. Navtej, Christopher and Christian was present. Eric St. Louis was absent due to an exam.
July 9th, 2021
- Customer provided feedback to team. All concerns were addressed concerning the font. Customer was receptive to the idea of an interactive web page. Customer recommended the following changes:
- Switching the location of the Weekly Special and the Welcome message on the home page.
- Implementing a "warm, friendly" theme more effectively
- Incorporating the slogan right below the logo.
July 10th, 2021
- Everyone was here at 8:00am. We debriefed our reactions from the client consultation, and made minor changes to the nav bar layout. We made a significant change to the main page, putting in a larger more friendly image and some scroll effects. Eric suggested and provided the image. Navtej shared his screen as we discussed and agreed on the changes. Our next steps are: Have the group portraits ready for next week, have the mobile site ready for 23 July (Christopher), have the desktop version ready for Aug 6. Navtej will do the home page and Christian is doing the Map page.
July 18th, 2021
- The meeting started at 8:15am. We had the meeting on Sunday instead of Saturday because some of our members wouldn't be able to make it. We discussed some of the prototype designs and clarified some misconceptions about the map page. Christopher also starting working on Html structure with some CSS while Christian is working with the map page with Eric and Navtej assisting.
July 23rd, 2021
- Christopher, Eric, and Christian were present. Navtej was unable to attend due to travel inconveniences. We worked on editing the pages to include the fonts. We also worked on troubleshooting the issues involved with the fonts established previously.
July 24th, 2021
- Meeting started at noon, Navtej was unable to attend. We worked on getting the Map page to have the proper button layout with Eric suggesting most of the changes and Christian making the updates. Christopher worked on the About Us page and created a new graphic. Next steps were not discussed, but assumed to be continued work on the same elements until next week.
July 30th, 2021
- Christian, Christopher and Eric met from 8 - 9:45. We committed changes on the About page to our main code branch. Christian wanted to work on the Map page and Christopher wanted to work on the About page.
July 31st, 2021
- Christian, Christopher and Eric met from 8:30 - 10:30. We decided we'd wait until Navtej returned to combine all CSS into one file near the end of the project. Christian's progress on the Map page were more productive than Christopher's additions to the About page so we resolved to adapt the Map page's styling to the About page when finished. Christopher decided to keep working on the mobile version of the map page, and Eric worked on getting the home page desktop version to be correct.
Aug 6th, 2021
- Christian, Eric and Christopher met in class to discuss progress. Eric had worked on the Home page and committed his changes. We needed to revert some changes from the GitHub history to revert some progress he had missed and overwrote. We continue to work on the Home page getting a final desktop version and getting the map page finished before moving those changes to the About Us page. Christopher will continue working on a write-up for the About Us section. Next meeting should be Saturday morning.
August 12, 2021
- Navtej, Christopher, Eric and Christian met at 4:00 pm to discuss the state of the site and determine the direction of current efforts. We discussed and decided we should merge the CSS files for consistency. Navtej is working on the home page and getting it to layout better especially on mobile, Christian is work more on the Map page and Christopher is getting the About Us page more content as well as hunting down images. We stayed in the meeting until 5:00 pm.
August 13th, 2021
- In class, we all together determined the newest priorites. Christopher uploaded new images for lunch food items and put a first About Us statement. Christian suggested a new layout for the About page. Eric is re-factoring the CSS but waiting until Navtej and Christian are finished making their changes.
August 19, 2021
- We met for the final time on a 2+ hour Zoom call with all of us here. We compared notes on our final revisions to the project. Eric made some final commits to the mobile version and Christian and Navtej cleaned up some small errors in getting the links to work on the GitHub host. Christopher made and shared the PowerPoint presentation and walked everyone through what we had for a presentation so far. We started assigning members to pages of the presentation, deciding on Christopher to take the first three slides, Christian on the second three, Navtej on the final desktop site and Eric would present the mobile site. Everyone was very grateful how well everything had turned out and how well we had all got along. Christopher was responsible for submitting the report, presentation and the web files. Everyone was reminded to submit their own personal reflection, too.