Using the LA web generator with your old inventories - AtlasOfLivingAustralia/documentation Wiki
Option A: If you used the yeoman generator in the past
If you created previously some inventories using generator-living-atlas, you can still get benefits for the web interface.
Follow this steps:
- Follow the assistant in https://generator.l-a.site and fill the forms as much accurate as possible.
- Bookmark your generator URL for future uses (for instance, if you want to enable some service in the future)
- Generate & download your inventories and theme
- Copy the generated
.yo-rc.jsonfrom the zip over your previously old
.yo-rc.jsongenerated in the past with the
yo living-atlascommand. This file should be in the parent of your old inventories directory.
- Rerun a recent version of the generator from the command line:
npm -g i generator-living-atlas yo living-atlas --replay-dont-ask
This should update your old inventories using the new
.yo-rc.json, that is where yeoman stores your answers.
Option B: You have some self made inventories
In this case you can still start to use this generated inventories (this is what we did, for instance in gbif.es).
In this case:
- Follow the previous three steps from option A
- Prior to do any change, keep track of the future changes in your /data/*/config directories.
- Start with some service (let's say
ala-collectory). Deploy it using the
ansiblewwrapper but only the properties (
-p). Verify with
gitthat if your
/data/ala-collectory/configis correctly generated with the new inventories.
- If not, add the incorrect variable in your
local-extrainventories and repeat the process til the config is correct. See this explanation for more details of how to find some wrong configured variable.
- Continue with the step 4 with all the services until all the configs are correct.
- Start to migrate your services to new ALA software versions running the
ansiblewwrapper without the