license - AtlasOfLivingAustralia/ala-dataquality Wiki
Not all data in the ALA is available for all uses. The license conditions for use of data in the ALA are determined by the organisations and individuals that provide the data to the ALA. Please see the ALA terms and conditions for more information on providing and using data via the ALA: https://www.ala.org.au/terms-of-use/
The following licenses are used at data resource level in the ALA and apply to all records in that dataset:
- CC0 Creative Commons-No Restrictions - under this license, data may be used for any purpose with no requirement for attribution
- CC-BY Creative Commons-Attribution - data may be used for any purpose, but attribution must be made to the owner of the data
- CC-NC Creative Commons-Non Commercial Use - data may be used, adapted or modified but not used for commercial purposes.
- CC-SA Creative commons-Share Alike - data may be used, adapted or modified but any derivative products created that are shared, must also be shared under the same license.
- CC-ND Creative Commons-No Derivatives - Data may be accessed as is, but not adapted, modified or combined with other data.
- PDM Public Domain Marked - a work is no longer restricted by copyright and can be freely used by others.
- Custom, Other or No Value - Please refer to the data resource information to find out licensing conditions.
In addition, some datasets will have multiple different licenses that are applied at the record level within the dataset. These are most commonly found on images, and where a data provider to the ALA has aggregated data from multiple sources. These are identified with the condition "License at record level". Please refer to individual records to determine the conditions of use.
Further information on Creative Commons licensing can be found here: https://creativecommons.org.au/learn/licences/
Further information on public domain mark can be found here: https://creativecommons.org/share-your-work/public-domain/pdm/#:~:text=The%20Public%20Domain%20Mark%20operates,be%20freely%20used%20by%20others.
Creative Commons licenses:
- CC-ND or
- PDM (Public Domain Mark)
- CC-BY 4.0 (Int)
- CC-BY 3.0 (Au)
- CC-BY-NC 4.0 (Int)
- Creative Commons - license at record level
- CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 (Int)
- CC-BY 3.0 (NZ)
- CC-BY-NC 3.0 (Aus)
- CC-BY-SA 4.0 (Int)
- CC-BY-NC-ND 4.0 (Int)
- CC-BY 4.0 (Au)
- CC-BY 3.0 (Int)
- CC-BY-SA 3.0 (Int)
- CC-BY-NC 3.0 (Au)
- CC BY-NC-Int
- CC-BY-ND 4.0 (Int)
- CC-BY-NC 2.5 (Int)
- CC BY
Technical description, provenance, code
Superseded - this infrastructure is no longer in use in the ALA - https://github.com/AtlasOfLivingAustralia/biocache-store/blob/2bed497d30c2ea2d5240724736df0f35bd7cd36e/src/main/scala/au/org/ala/biocache/processor/AttributionProcessor.scala