Home - Atavic/legacy-user.js Wiki
- Legacy-user.js is a fork of https://github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js
- A User.js file is used to modify various preference settings in gecko-based applications.
- About:config entries instead allow the manual editing of single Prefs.js file strings.
- For instant multi-editing, a modified User.js is moved in the Profile folder. You may need a backup first.
- Profile folder location is retrieved directly from the Firefox Help menu.
- For resetting preferences you can delete prefs.js and a default file will be automagically created.
- Again, you may need a backup, as any user modified string will be lost.
- Prefs.js respawns itself, create a backup by renaming it to prefs.js.old so you can revert to its previous state.
- In this way any User.js customization can be reverted when you delete Prefs.js and modify prefs.is.old attributes again.
- By doing this you simply have the previous preferences again. Do not forget to delete User.js if you don't like it.