Agenda for weekly calls - fyne-io/fyne Wiki
Welcome to the agenda list for the weekly calls. This is the place to add topics that should be discussed.
Calls typically follow the format:
- Welcome and catchup (15 mins)
- Agenda as listed below
- Any other Business (15min or less, as agenda is collaborative).
Anyone can join if they wish, at https://chat.fyne.io, we start at 4pm UTC.
January 14th 2022:
Community discussion, What can we do in 2022?
- 2.3, system tray, drag n drop, web driver
- 2.4 / 3.0?
- Cleaning up old repos
Any other ideas brought to the meeting
A Christmas/holidays themed call :)
- Component store (15min)
- Any Fyne plans for December/Jan?
- A small Christmas Fyne demo (Jacob)
- Happy holidays!
- Possible to use DBUS for indicating theme changes? (20mins)
- Advent of code (10mins)
- Announcement and AMA with Andy (30mins)
- v2.1.2 readiness (10mins)
- Explorations in IoT (15mins)
- More collaboration with go-text (15mins)
- Linear algebra (10mins)
- Random OpenGL to Vulkan stuff (10mins)
- Killer app thoughts (20mins)
- Bowmore release planning
- v2.1 blocker discussion
- FyneConf presentation details
- Random info: A competitor on the Rust side
- MimeTypes for directories
- 2.1 update and planning
- v2.0.4 roundup
- Tutorials and aligning video with developer site
- Possibility of merging FyneBuilder into Defyne
- Discord presence - guild or channel?
- Cloud providers update, how to de-duplicate preference store
- RichText and segment hierarchy
- README translations (10 min)
- RichText update (20 min)
- Dates for 2.1 and FyneConf - do we need to delay? (15 min)
- Calculator release, what should we do next? (15min)
- Discussing high risk / unknowns for 2.1 (30min)
- Proposal freeze imminent, what can we get in?
- Rich text, refactor and shaping
- Cloud services, repository and provider selection
- Text refactor progress? (proposal freeze in 3 days) (10 min)
- Cloud proposal (proposal freeze in 3 days) (10 min)
- Fyne-x: Split extensions in multiple go modules. (10 min)
- Last call for v2.0.3 (15 mins)
- Text discussion (30 mins)
- discuss affected areas (doc will be updated)
- agree scope and approach for proposal
- Defyne (IDE) discussion and direction etc (15 mins)
- Plan for discussions of text widget refactoring (still looking for volunteers) (outline, setting scope 30 mins)
- Proposal review:
- Cross-axis alignment in layout (15min)
- Let's talk timelines
- FyneConf and design competition
- Faster binding conversions - #2142
- Good solution for generation templates?
- FyneDesk next/0.3 plan
- AMA with Andy
- What should we add before 2.0.2?
- Location API possibilities
- FyneDesk 0.2 final prep
- Keyboard controls for disabled entry? (#2068)
- Fyne 2.0.1 wrap-up (15min)
- discussion of fyne-x package names https://github.com/fyne-io/fyne-x/issues/9 (10min)
- FyneDesk 0.2 release bug list (15 min)
- Thoughts on
gzcompression for packages, see #1919. (10-15min?)
- How would we extend
fyne packageto allow more metadata (comment, categories, keywords) in
- Fyne 2.0.1 release bug list (30 min)
- Containers - support extending or not? (15min)
- Questions about new CLA or signing process (15min)
- Fyne App Store - barriers to mainstream adoption (15min)
- Clarification and discussion about the new team membership proposal
- Congratulations and thanks! (10 min)
- Updated voting rules and team membership (30 min)
- Wrap-up of v2.0.0 release
- FynePress partnership discussion
- Short update on cmd/fyne cli rewrite (Jacob)
- Next release codename, planning and proposals process
- Prioritise last few bugs for 2.0
- Plan for v2.0.0 rollout (tag, master vs new branch etc)
Jan 8th 2021:
- URI Proposal / development
- Feature freeze for 2.0 (later this day)
- What didn't make it and what we can do about it
- Deprecation removals?
- Merry Christmas to everyone 🎄🎅.
- Coordinate system to float32
- DataMap (last binding PR)
- Removal of all old deprecations before 2.0.
- Remaining breaking changes for 2.0
- Final additions to 1.4.2 release
- fyne.io/x/fyne repo proposal
- Plan for essential 2.0 work
- Too many custom dialogs in the
- Funding/sponsorship update
- Mac M1 support
- DataList/DataTable work
- Collection widget "active" state discussion
- Bugfix release 1.4.1 blockers / timescale
- What's still required for 1.4?
- Final release plan
- BuildMode enum states
- Any further FileTree discussion?
- Prioritising 1.4 tickets
- Landing Tree/Table
- File dialog locations merge
- LiveCD project :)
- Android bugs & mobile release process
- Start towards 1.4 release
- FileDialog -> ListableURI contributions
- Table progress
- Breakages for
- Divider across collections, accordion and possible separate widget
- Container API to new package