Changelog - etlegacy/etlegacy Wiki

If you miss any feature/bug not listed in the changelog let us know or simply add it here.

See also Libs Changelog.


2.80.0 (work in progress)

Engine

General

Android

MacOS

Unix

Windows

Client

SDL2 Audio backend

Server

Renderer

Mod

General

Stability & Performance

Audio

Graphics

UI

Weapons

2.79.0 (realeased 23/12/2021)

Android

Engine

Client

Server

Renderer

Mod

2.78.1 (released 01/11/2021)

Android

Engine

Client

Server

Renderer

Mod

2.78 (released 01/10/2021)

Android

Engine

Client

Server

Renderer

Mod

2.77.1 (released 17/03/2021)

Engine

Client

Server

Renderer

Mod

2.77 (released 01/03/2021)

Notes: This release is also shipping OmniBot v0.87 and WolfAdmin v1.2.1

Legacy mod is now shipped in a unique .pk3.

The vanilla pak1.pk3 and pak2.pk3 are now unneeded on the server side.

Engine

Client

Server

Renderer2

Mod

2.76 (released 13/01/2019)

Note: This release is also shipping OmniBot v0.86 and WolfAdmin v1.2.0

Engine

Client

Renderer2

Server

Mod

For the logbook:

2.75 (released on 11/09/16)

Engine

Client

Server

Mod

For the logbook: In November 2015 coverity scan defect density < 0.25 has been reached (was 0.9 at the beginning of 2014). More than 300 issues are history.

2.74 (released on Aug 20, 2015)

ET: L 2.73 wasn't published - see also 2.73

Engine

Client

Server

Mod

2.73 (unreleased)

Engine

Client

Server

Mod

... and various (tons of!) smaller adjustments and optimizations. Since the last release we have fixed about 150 issues reported by coverity

2.72 (released on Jan 7, 2015)

Engine

Client

Server

Mod

... we did also fix tons of defects detected by coverity.

2.71a (released on Dec 21, 2014)

Engine

Client

Server

Mod

... and various smaller adjustments and optimizations.

2.71 rc 4 (released on Jul 6, 2014)

The default fs_homepath value has been changed in RC4!

Engine

Client

Server

Mod

Lua

Installer

... and various smaller adjustments. We have a new logo!

2.71 rc 3 (released on Oct 19, 2013)

Note: ET: L 2.71 rc 2 wasn't published - see also 2.71 rc2

Engine

Client

Server

Mod

... and again more clean up and optimizations in engine and mod.

2.71 rc 2 (unreleased)

Engine

Mod

... and again more clean up in engine and mod.

2.71 rc 1 (released on Feb 25, 2013)

Engine

Mod

2.70 rc 1 (released)

2.70 is Linux and Windows only.

Engine

Mod

2.70 (beta 4)

Engine

2.70 (beta 3)

Engine

2.70 (beta 2)

Engine

2.70 (beta 1)

Engine

2.70 (alpha 2)

Engine

2.70 (alpha)

Engine

ET changelog/readme/info

2.60b/d patch (released 08/05/06)

2.60 patch (released 14/03/05)

New features

win32 specific:

Linux specific:

Bug Fixes

Class Specific:

General:

Changes relevant for modders

Rendering to textures:

Dynamic shaders:

Raw binary channel for client<->server:

void trap_SendMessage( /* server: int clientNum */, char *buf, int buflen ); clientNum: the client to send the message to (server only) buf: the message to send buflen: length of the message to send

messageStatus_t trap_MessageStatus( /* server: int clientNum */ ); clientNum: the client whose buffer we want to check (server only) returns MESSAGE_EMPTY on empty buffer returns MESSAGE_WAITING when not yet sent (can be caused by rate limit) returns MESSAGE_WAITING_OVERFLOW when the message would make the packet too large to send

qagame int vmMain( int command, int arg0, int arg1, int arg2, int arg3, int arg4, int arg5, int arg6 ); command == GAME_MESSAGERECEIVED (int)clientNum = arg0: clientNum message was received from (char*)buffer = arg1: pointer to the message received (temporary) (int)buflen = arg2: length of message received (int)commandTime = arg3: timestamp of message (from client)

cgame int vmMain( int command, int arg0, int arg1, int arg2, int arg3, int arg4, int arg5, int arg6 ); command == CG_MESSAGERECEIVED (char*)buffer = arg0: pointer to the message received (temporary) (int)buflen = arg1: length of message received (int)commandTime = arg2: timestamp of message (from server)

Fixed the Com_BitSet() with ridiculous bit number in the anim condition code. buddyClients was not used, ignoreClients was too small and didn't use COM_Bit* functions. Fixed incorrect class determination in CG_PlayerClassForClientinfo(). CG_AddPMItem failed on multi-line messages.

Lag and packet loss simulation:

For example, to make the server simulate 200ms latency and 30% packetloss: sv_packetdelay 200 sv_packetloss 30

Thanks to Chad Siedhoff and the Activision Visioneers for helping with this patch!

1.02 patch (released 09/09/03)

Thanks to Chad Siedhoff and the Activision Visioneers for helping with this patch!

1.01 patch (released 25/06/03)

Initial release (released 28/05/03)