Project plan - davidlord/Buffett-bot Wiki
- Choosing suitable requirements for stocks to include: Liquidable (avoid penny stocks), what is an appropriate amount of volatility? What is an appropriate amount of trading volume?
- Determining entry- and exit points: What parameters do we want to base our algorithm on? RSI? (Avoid including too many parameters as to avoid overfitting the model to the observed data).
- Write trading bot: Start easy, abstraction, small steps at a time.
- Write in modules that can be included/removed. Do NOT hardcode!
Testing & optimization
- Try on training data (quantconnect.com),
- Do we want to build a model assuming stable economy? Or make a robust model not excluding economical depression?