Required Tools, Materials, and Skills - blairfrandeen/momobox GitHub Wiki
The momobox is not for the faint of heart. In addition to the components listed in this repository, building a momobox requires:
- A good 3D printer with a minimum 5" x 5" print bed. I built momobox using a Prusa i3 MK3S+. Please consider adding to this Wiki if you've made a successful build with another printer.
- A soldering setup capable of soldering small electronic assemblies. You can buy a kit on Amazon which includes most of what you need for a fair price. Watch some YouTube videos if you haven't soldered before to get an idea how it's done. I watched this one and this one.
- Some familiarity with Linux and command-line tools is helpful, but not strictly required. The firmware setup section of this Wiki should offer some ideas for how to get momobox running with a Windows or MacOS setup.
- Some familiarity with Python might be helpful.
- Patience, curiosity, creativity, and the willingness to learn new things.
If you want one of these tomorrow, go buy a Toniebox.