Journal Entry #1: Initial Setup - bcb420-2022/Sean_Gong Wiki
- Set up my Student Wiki Page in the course repo and write my first journal entry.
- Add links to the main Student Wiki Page and
- Install docker and create a new image and container.
Started: 2022-01-13 Completed: 2022-01-13 Estimated time: 1 hr Actual time: ~ 1 hr
- Set up my Student Wiki Page.
- Submitted an issue in the Student Wiki repo. After the invitation, initialized wiki page with a main page with my basic information.
- Start my Course Journal.
- Start my course journal with this first entry (Initial setup).
- Added links to my wiki/repo to the main student wiki page.
- Installed docker through the docker website.
- Create docker Image and container using:
docker run -e PASSWORD=changeit -v "$(pwd)":/home/rstudio/projects -p 8787:8787 risserlin/bcb420-base-image:winter2022
- Visited localhost:8787 on Google Chrome and was able to login to Rstudio using the credentials above.
- Created test file and confirmed test file in local directory.
- Successfully set up student repo and wiki with first journal entry.
- Docker installed and container for course image run with no issues
- Ready to start off the course with the repo and wiki all set up.
- Docker will be a great/useful tool for most projects, so excited to learn more of it during the course.
Steipe, B., & Isserlin, R. (Edited). (2021). Chapter 2 Installing R and RStudio. https://bcb420-2022.github.io/R_basics/r-install.html#r_docker.