S3 Properties Of Bucket - ashish85ku/aws Wiki
- Keep Versioning of object
- Protect Accidental Deletion
- Versioning is optional at bucket level. by default it is disabled
- when we enable the versioning of non version bucket all object version will be null .
- Versioning can't be implemented at individual object level.
Enable Versioning and Check Properties
- Click Properties Of the bucket and press edit for Bucket Versioning
- Select and Enable versioning in the bucket
- Check the properties of the object and see the version it is null
- Upload the updated file again the the bucket with same name .
- Check the Version of new file uploaded
Server Access Logs
- Do not enable this there is heavy implication on cost.
- List of logs which are created is heavy.
Enable Access Logs and Check properties.
- Select Properties of the bucket and click edit.
- Enable the Log and Select the Bucket where Logs will be stored
- Enable the ACL in permission "S3 log delivery Group"
- Enable the ACL in permission "S3 log delivery Group" check 2 screenshot below
Enable Object Lock
AWS S3 Tags.
- Tags can be assigned to most aws resources.
- Can be used for automation ,security(policies),cost tracking etc.
- Key Value pair applied to S3 Objects Environment=Dev,Classification=secure,Project=A.
- Can be used to create lifecycle policies.
- Can be updated continuously during lifecycle of object.
- Sometime the transfer is faster from the edge node .
- It is a paid service.
S3 Event Notification
- Configure Notification when Certain Event Happens.
- Event Source -> Object Creation,Object Removal,RRS (REDUCE Redundency Storage) event.
- Replication between buckets.
- Event Destination will be - SNS Topic ,SQS Queue, Lamda Fuction.