Home - Stations-Project/PROJECT-CENTRAL GitHub Wiki
The Stations Project
Status: Work in progress, not usable.
- Social networks
- Collaboration space
- Personal cloud
What is the Stations Project?
The Stations Project will allow users to run a webserver on their local machines. This server will have the following features:
- User accounts
- Groups (e.g. admins)
- Permission management (by groups)
- Tickets (where multiple users should approve an action)
What is Special about this?
The Stations Project is designed to be completely modular. This means:
- Modules (e.g. user-management) use CLIs instead of APIs
- Modules can be written in any programming language and still be compatible
- Modules have to conform to the Stations Project Protocol (which defines the CLIs and file structures)
The Stations Project is based on NodeJS. Why?
- Scripting languages have no build time
- Scripting languages are more flexible
- Fast compared to most other scripting languages
- When needed, compiled modules can still be implemented (modularity)
There is an NPM organization for the Stations Project, see the Backend Development Spaces page.
The Stations Project is documented here.