Interview Questions - RobertArtigas/RobertArtigas Wiki
These are sample questions from numerous sources that the person being interviewed can use as possible questions AFTER doing their due diligence research on the company they want to join. The research should give guidance as questions are appropriate to ask. That also depends on what company qualities you are looking for in your employment.
From the viewpoint of the employer, this gives you some guidance as to some questions you might need to prepare for and have answers for. The level and quality of questions from the person interviewed, should also give you some indication as to the type of individual interest on the job opening.
- Is this a new role that has been created and why?
- If not, why did the person leave?
- If not a mew role, what have past employees done to succeed in this position?
- What are the mos immediate projects that need to be addressed?
- Can you show me examples of projects I'd be working on?
- "What are the immediate projects you'd like me to work on the first 30, 60, 90 days?"
- What are the skills and experiences you're looking for in an ideal candidate?
- What attributes do someone need to have in order to be really successful in this position?
- What types of skills is the team missing that you are looking to fill with a new hire?
- What are the biggest challenges that someone in this position would face?
- Is it a people, process, technology challenge or a combination?
- Do you expect the main responsibilities for this position to change in the next six months to a year?
Training and Professional Development
- How will I be trained / on-boarded?
- Who is my mentor?
- Where is the last person who held this job moving on to?
- Where have successful employees previously in this position progressed to?
- What are the most important things you'd like to see someone accomplish in the first 30, 60, and 90 days on the job?
- What are the performance expectations of this position over the first 12 months?
- What is the performance review process like here?
- How often will I be formally reviewed?
- What metrics or goals will my performance be evaluated against?
- Has your role changed since you've been here?
- Why did come to this company?
- What's your favorite part about working here?
- I've read about the company's founding, but can tell me more about your company?
- What are the current goals that the company is focused on?
- How does this teams work, support hitting those company goals?
- Will I have an opportunity to be part of my team/my manager during the interview process?
- Can you tell me about the team I'll be working with?
- Who would I work with most closely?
- Who will I report to directly?
- Can you tell me about my direct reports?
- What are their strengths?
- What are the team's biggest challenges?
- Do you expect to hire more people in this department in the next six months?
- Which other departments work closely with this one?
- What are the common career paths in this department?
- What is the company and team culture like?
- How would you describe the work environment of your company?
- Is the work typically collaborative and more independent?
- Can you tell me about the last team event you did together?
- How has the company changed since you joined?
- Is there anything that concerns you about my background being a fit for this role?
- What are the next steps in the interview process?
- Is there anything else I can provide to help you make your decision?
- Can I answer any final questions for you?
- Is there anything we haven't covered that you think is important about working here?
How can I provide the best of service with my knowledge and talent?