Discord Bot - MrBean355/admiralbulldog-sounds Wiki
There's a Discord bot which can join your voice channel and play chosen sounds through Discord instead of on your computer!
It can play automatic sounds (e.g. the bounty runes sound) and manual sounds by using a sound board.
- Ensure you've correctly set up the app to play sounds.
- Open the app and click the "Discord bot" button.
- Tick the box to enable the bot.
- Click the "Invite bot to server" text.
- You'll be taken to the official Discord website. Authorize the bot to join your server.
- The bot should now appear in your server:
!magicin a text channel that the bot has permission to read.
- The bot will send you a private message with your "magic number". Copy this now.
- Don't give this magic number to anyone else!
- Paste your magic number in the text box within the app.
- You'll see a green dot along with your server name if the magic number is correct.
- Join a voice channel in your Discord server. Make sure that the bot has permission to join & speak in that channel!
!roonsin a text channel that the bot has permission to read.
- The bot will join your voice channel and play the sounds you've chosen.
- The sound board in the app can be used to manually play any sound through Discord.
- When you're done, type
!seeyato disconnect the bot from the voice channel.
- You can also use
!followto make the bot follow you when you join & leave voice channels.
- Tick the sound events that you want to be played through Discord.
- Un-ticked sounds will be played on your computer only.
To see a list of available commands, click the "Bot commands" button in the app.
- To customise the sound board, click the "Sound board" button.
- Click the "Customise" button.
- Tick any sounds that you'd like to appear on the sound board.
- Click "Save".
- Click any sound to play it through Discord.
If sounds aren't being played through Discord, here's some things to try:
- Carefully run through the installation instructions again.
- Make sure the bot has permission to read & send messages in your text channel.
- Make sure the bot has permission to join & speak in your voice channel.
- Make sure your magic number pasted into the app is correct. You will get a different magic number if you are using the bot from a different Discord server.
- Still no luck? Chat to me on my Discord server.