Visual Studio Code - MSU-AI/.github Wiki
Install VS Code: https://code.visualstudio.com/
There are many text editors or integrated development environments (IDEs) that you can use. For example, there are, in no particular order, Notepad++, Sublime Text, Vim, Eclipse, Atom, PyCharm, Emacs, IntelliJ, Zend, Xcode, ...
- Official documentation: https://code.visualstudio.com/docs
- Python in VS Code: https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/python/python-tutorial
- Git/GitHub in VS Code: https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/sourcecontrol/overview
- A must for Python development: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=ms-python.python
- IntelliSense: e.g. auto-completion, syntax checking, etc.
- Jupyter Notebooks: render plots, visualize variables, the
- Environments: Supports venv, conda, pyenv, virtualenv, etc.
- GitHub Markdown Preview: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=bierner.markdown-preview-github-styles
- Remote SSH: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=ms-vscode-remote.remote-ssh