Every Monday 10:30am PT
Zoom ID: 408 332 4290
please add any agenda items you would like to discuss.
Meeting recordings contact @masinter for access.
Agenda 11 Oct 2021
- Documentation (reader's guide, SK books)
- Releases and automation
- Help wanted bugs (#55 eval, MV return stack)
Agenda 27 September 2021
Lots of things to talk about, that might require some preparation
Let's start with (5 min each max) round-table.
Then 15 minutes each on plan for review
- what we have (Wiki list, PDFs, Interlisp.org site)
- what we're working on (SK)
- What we need (Documentation issues, bibliography)
- Subrs and opcode survey
- Unicode plans (internal and external encodings)
- Releases and distributions
Agenda 20 September 2021
Round-table. Save for last:
- BACKGROUND-YIELD -> liapusers (for now)
- no commit of loadups => need loadups-only release
- (dribble files? need copyall?)
Agenda 13 September 21
- Interlisp Org Inc status, Q&A
- Zotero (Herb?)
- Releases (Bill?)
- welcome Peter
- Envos files
- Fonts progress
Agenda 6 September 2021
Labor Day (US Holiday); attendance uncertain. Let's do a "round table" of brief status reports.
- Interlisp.Org Inc -- progress
- Zotero bibliography
- Documentation - FAQ?
- Fonts (sigh)
Agenda 30 August 2021
- loadups, releases, GitHub automation, Notecards configuration
Agenda 23 August 2021
before we dive into other topics, including:
- *.TEDIT to PDF for all medley / envos repos
- envos repo reorg / undo cr/lf transform
- tests and benchmarks
Agenda 16 August 2021
- Round table news
- Tracking down bug 407
Agenda 9 August 2021
Agenda 2 August 2021
- Testing -- how to make test cases for changes
- Git commit quality and separability
- Recent PR merges
- maintenance workflow
- Simplify process of obtaining new releases (mjd)
Agenda 26 July 2021
Agenda 19 July 2021
• 30 minutes
topics important for filing for 501c3 articles of incorporation
- brainstorming a list of possible organizational goals. I imagine this as a “brainstorming” session where we collect ideas.
It’s important to have a broad purpose statement to allow flexibility but specific enough to attract volunteers and donations.
Consolidation, evaluation, and pruning will come later. The ideas should be expressed in terms suitable for filing for non-profit status.
See Medley Interlisp Goals and Ongoing Projects for inspiration.
- Av list of ideas for the organization name.
I will record the session but it would be wonderful if someone could take notes (setting up a google document we all could connect to)
• 30 minutes round table: status, plans, blockers
Agenda 12 July 2021
I'd like to talk about overall project goals in relationship to Ongoing Projects
Agenda 5 July 2021
in reverse order
Agenda 28 Jun 2021
I'd like some feedback on Project Organization.
My hope is to use this organization to drive the agenda.
Agenda 21 Jun 2021
Usual round-table status and plans
Agenda 14 Jun 2021
some topics to touch base on
- Docker (Herb)
- Notecards demo (Frank?)
- Medley 2.0 on DOSBox (Arun?)
- Space and versions and file name case (Bill? Larry)
- EOL convention problems with DFASLs? (Ron?)
- Meeting recordings available to LispCore for 2 weeks
Agenda 7 June 2021
- Introductions (if invitees can make it)
- Docker (Herb)
- Topic "Notecards Demo"
- running old sysouts with DarkStar
- running old sysouls with Medley 2.0 on DosBox
- recompiling and loadup with modern medley
- "International Keyboard Support"
- "Zotero Interlisp bibliography"
- GitHub space plan
Agenda 24 May 2021
Usual round table, hoping to include topics:
- Docker plans (Herb)
- Filter GitHub for big files; use GitHub LFS; or both (? Bill)
- Running in Windows? (Steve)
- Starting an Interlisp non-profit (Larry)
- Stack overflow bug?
Notes 17 May 2021
These are rough notes from the meeting. I regularly record the meetings for private consumption.
- Let me ask each of the attendees, your decision on the question of what to do:
stop recording, available to LispCore members, available public, available on request. I want to
respect everyone's conditions, and would like an explicit ack. I'll summarize before acting.
- Reducing git repo size (Bill Stumbo)
We decided "one change at a time" even if it causes multiple force push, and invalidates forked repos (There were a small number.) If the forkers can cope once, they can prepare for the second time). Bill will test his filter on a fork/copy and make sure it has the desired effect.
- Steve was still having problems running WSL2 on Windows. Windows 10 Home vs. Windows 10 pro. We should resurrect the original instructions for running on Oracle Virtualbox or VmWare. Making progress on INTERLISP volume 2.
- Bibliography progress (Abe)
Abe showed off the Bibliography and advanced features on Zotero.org. There's a search feature but it's buggy. (The implementation is in the GitHub Interlisp/interlisp.github.io repository. I think Issues with the website and bibliography could just use Medley issues with tag "Documentation".
- Herb talked about the Docker and automation issues he was going to reverse inherit from Abe.
- Character IO changes (Ron)
Ron described his progress.
- Versions from git (Larry)
I demoed a 'proof of concept' for pulling old versions from git. I'll keep you posted
- Notecards Demo (Arun, Frank Halasz(?))
- stack overflow multiple value return bug
Nick and I talked over the fine details of who does what to the stack and why.
The conjecture is this isn't a new bug, just a fault that was rare.
John Vittal, Arun Welch, Abe Jellinek, Herb Jellinek, Larry Masinter, Bill Stumbo, Nick Briggs, Ron Kaplan, John Cowan, Steve Kaisler, Michele Denber
Agenda 10 May 2021
- Round Table
- Changing character encoding default (Ron)
- The stack overflow debugging techniques (as a "case study")
Agenda 3 May 2021
After trying other alternatives, I'm coming back to using the Wiki for agendas
- it's easy to find (not getting lost)
- Anyone can update easily
This week, we will (hopefully) see John Vittal and Steve Kaisler (who joined us last Monday)
- Introductions & usual 'round table'. Topic suggestions
- John Vittal welcome
- Steve Kaisler's Interlisp book and Volume II plans
(Any success loading release?)
- Bibliography (Abe)
- EOL change in sources (Ron)
- Lispusers (Herb?)
- Other topics if there's time
- Loadups, releases
- defaults for printing
Agenda 8 March 2021
- As usual, what have you been up to? (Status and Plans)
- Making releases:
- workflow on duplicate function removal (how to make each a PR)
Agemda 22 Feb 2021
Topics I have for tomorrow
- Experimenting with loading all of sysfiles
- Cleaning out "dead wood" in the Lisp code
- recent bug reports
- round table
Agenda 15 Feb 21
- Round table news & plans
- Configuration vs. Documentation (Masterscope & DInfo, Match, fonts)
- making the init and loadup review
- debugging and analysis techniques
meeting recorded but available for 1 week on request
Agenda 25 Jan 2021
- Recent documentation updates (READMEs, Wiki) and plans
- Pinning CPU experiments
- Common Lisp / Interlisp priorities