Plugins - EDCD/EDMarketConnector Wiki
Plugins allow you to customise and extend the behavior of EDMC.
Installing a Plugin
To install a downloaded plugin:
- Navigate to the Plugins tab on 'File' > 'Settings', then press the “Open” button. This shows the
plugins folder where this app looks for plugins.
- Open the
.zip archive that you downloaded and move the folder contained inside into the
You will need to re-start EDMC for it to notice the new plugin.
Reporting problems with Plugins
In the first instance all issues with EDMC plugins (other than the core
plugins 'EDDN', 'EDSM' and 'Inara') should be reported to the author of
that plugin, not as an issue on the main EDMC project.
Available plugins - Confirmed working under Python 3.7+
- ATEL-EDMC - A simple EDMC plugin to automatically collect discovery data for publication by the Intergalactic Astronomical Union and EDAstro.com
- DistanceCalc - Displays the distance to up to 3 systems.
- EDMC-Cannon - keeps you up to date with Canonn News, directs you to things of interest in the game and captures data that will enable us to catalogue the mysteries of the Galaxy.
- edmc-chatviewer - A plugin for viewing the in-game chat. NB: The developer prefers you use L3-37 for EDMC instead.
- EDMC Cargo Manifest - displays current cargo carried by type and quantity along with total cargo capacity.
- EDMC CLog - Show if a commander was reported as a combat logger. NB: Latest code works only with EDMC versions greater than 3.46, i.e. only Python 3.7 supported. You could check out the prior commit if you want to try it under EDMC 3.46.
- EDMC Discord Presence - Show your current location to your friends on Discord from your user profile.
- EDMC-FuelStatus - Displays fuel levels (main tank + active reservoir).
- EDMC-Screenshot - Automatically renames screenshots with System and Body name, and converts them to PNG format.
- EDMC-Telemetry - Provides in-game status and feedback to a custom cockpit and controls that respond to in-game events.
- EDMC-Triumvirate - plugin of the Gehirn Project, developed by Close Encounters Corps for pilots of the Elite: Dangerous community. A tool with a wide range of features designed to optimize and systematize the pilots' work.
- EDMC_SpanshRouter - Automatically copies to your clipboard the next waypoint on a route you planned using Spansh Neutron Plotter.
- edmcoverlay2 - EDMC Overlay for Linux.
- EDMCJumpSpeed - Shows trip distance and speed.
- EDMCMagpie - Feeds the Mineral Magpie data.
- ED Recon - Warn about dangerous commanders and help bounty or powerplay hunters to chase them.
- Exploration Progress - Allows explorer players to see their progress from one star system to another.
- FCMS -
A plugin to sync your Fleet Carrier data to
FCMS. NB: Do not use the GitHub version at
https://github.com/anthonylangsworth/FCMS!. It's a fork, not the
- Hostile Interaction Tracking System - Gives risk assessments for ship safety upon jumping into a star system.
- Hourly Income - Displays your hourly income.
- Hutton Helper - For commanders and truckers that use the Hutton Helper website.
- L3-37 for EDMC - Multi tool plugin for Elite: Dangerous Market Connector (EDMC).
- LandingPad - Helps people to find their assigned landingpad position in starports.
- Red Star Eliminator (RSE) - Displays names and distances to nearby systems of interest for projects of EDSM. Originally designed to seek out unknown coordinate stars, it has branched out to include several other projects.
- StreamSource - Outputs status info to files for use as text sources in live streaming software such as Open Broadcaster Software (OBS), GameShow, XSplit, etc.
Plugins that seem to have no active maintenance and might have issues under
the latest EDMC release:
- Habitable Zone - Helps explorers find high-value planets. NB: Latest 'Release' is still for Python 2.7, but the latest code commited in github does support Python 3.7. Download a zip of the github master and install as usual, it will appear as "HabZone-master". You'll want to remove the old
HabZone-1.20 if you already had it installed, or rename the folder to
Available plugins - Confirmed NOT working under Python 3.7
Available plugins - Unknown Python 3.7+ status
plugins folder is located at:
~/Library/Application Support/EDMarketConnector/plugins (in Finder hold ⌥ and choose Go → Library to open your
$XDG_DATA_HOME is unset.
If you would like to write a plugin
EDMC has migrated from Python 2.7 to Python 3.7 and onwards to 3.9. Currently
the updated documentation for writing a plugin under Python 3.9 is at PLUGINS.md.
We strongly advise against making any plugin code compatible with
Python 2.7, so as to encourage users to actually update their EDMC install
to the latest release.
EDMC 3.46 is the final version using Python 2.7. The older documentation is still available at PLUGINS.md .